In a previous post, I discussed the several ways to build credibility in Internet Marketing. The most important point that I emphasized was about blogging. In that article, I explained that "content is king." Instead of concentrating all of your efforts on how to make sales and money, it is better to look beyond the money when you are first starting off in building your Internet Marketing business. I advise my clients to concentrate on learning how to engage your general audience. Do not give your website visitors the impression that your platform is nothing but a website trying to make them spend their hard-earned money.
Instead, transforms your website into a training platform or a solution center where people can find a solution to their problem. Only then can you tell them how your product or service can be useful in providing a solution to their problem. Anything outside of this will put you at the mercy of your audience, and there is a very real chance they might not have any respect for what you are trying to do. You would only be regarded as another "snake oil salesman" trying to get money out of their pockets.
Therefore, in this article, I want to discuss how you can sell your products and services as a problem solver in the eyes of your customers:
1. Make Use of Keyword Research Tools: To make your business assume the role of a solution provider, you must be ready to research on the type of problem that potential customers do have and the type of solutions they are looking for. In order to discover these problems, you need to make use of keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner which is the most popular one. You can do a search of others (I'm not going to be an endorser of any products. You need to research their individual features for your individual niche). These tools will enable you to discover what people are searching for in your niche on a monthly, weekly, and even on a daily basis.
2. Discuss the Problem: As mentioned above, you need to identify the following things: What do people want? What are they searching for? What problems they are trying to solve? Keyword research tools will tell you what your customers are searching for. By using this technique, you will be able to identify their problems and know what they really want and need. The next thing you should do is to write a very unique article that will address the problem. Write this article in such a way that the solution you want to provide will be the very best solution to solve their problem.
3. Introduce your product: After writing about the problem – offer a solution! Ensure you inform your readers from the beginning of your post that the article will provide them the solution to the problems you will discuss. This will keep them interested in reading the entire article. Once you have zeroed in on the problem and the best solution to the problem – only then – you should introduce your product as the perfect solution to the problem you have discussed earlier. By using this technique, approximately 30% (or about 1/3) of your website visitors should have developed an interest in your product, and this will translate into more sales for you.
4. Get Your Products Reviewed: Nobody wants to be a lab rat. You need to get reviews for your products so that potential customers will believe in the authenticity of your products. You can create a special section on your website that is dedicated to review articles and video reviews. This is absolutely necessary! Nobody wants to be a victim of a fake product. It is your product reviews that will give customers the confidence to purchase your product or service. How do you get reviews before marketing your product? Good question – keep reading!
5. Give Trial Versions: You should be able to track visitors who are interested in your product or service. You can do this by giving away a few days for them to try your product for free. Just set up a trail version or a free trial period. Tell interested customers to enter their email address and they will receive the trial version or a temporary access to your product for "X number of days" to help them solve the problem they are having. Tell them you want to help them solve their problem – even if they do not have the money or desire to purchase your product right now. This is a "win" in their eyes! They get the solution to the problem they want to solve with no commitment to ever purchasing the product. "Why would I want to that?" Because this will allow you to capture the email address of interested clients or customers so are able to conduct a proper follow-up. More than half of the people who take the free trial product or free trial period will continue with you once the free trial ends. You can then offer a discount if they will provide a review of your product. Once they send the review, have your auto-responder send them a special coupon code or link to the discounted price.
It is like the car salesman telling the potential customer to "Take the care home overnight … then bring it back in the morning – no obligation!" Once the potential customer takes the car home, they experience the new car smell; it looks good in the driveway; the kids love it; the neighbors are commenting on it … – it almost sells itself. Most people who do this will buy the very next day! Just use the same psychology in your business!
6. Sell the Product and Expand Your Business: If you follow all the steps above, you will probably see about a 30 – 40 percent conversion rate (on average). Since the essence of being in business is to make money, introduce other similar products to any customer that buys a product from you. Be sure to send newsletters to them at least twice a month. This will help you to get many repeat customers as well.
To sum all of this up, you may have your owner killer strategy. But you need to make sure you do not present your business as another money drainer to your visitors. If you do, nobody will do business with you. If you offer real solutions to real problems your visitors are facing – they will do business with you. Probably – repeat business. You should be more interested in helping people instead of getting sales.
I am interested in your feedback. So please do leave a comment below or click the link to my blog and leave a comment there.