ॐ भूर् भुवः स्वः
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात्
Om bhūr bhuvaḥ suvaḥ
dhiyo yo naḥ prachodayāt
Gayatri Mantra English Translation:
We meditate on the glory of the Creator;
Who has created the Universe;
Who is worthy of Worship;
Who is the embodiment of Knowledge and Light;
Who is the remover of all Sin and Ignorance;
May He enlighten our Intellect.
O, Divine mother, our hearts are loaded up with darkness. Kindly make this darkness distant from us and advance brightening inside us.
- Why is Gayatri Mantra Chanted?
It is believed that by chanting Gayatri Mantra, you achieve success and happiness in your life. With regular chanting of the Gayatri Mantra, one can firmly establish and stabilize the mind. The mantra is a declaration of appreciation, to both the nurturing sun and the Divine.
- Who is Gayatri?
Goddess Gayatri is additionally called “Veda-Mata” or the Mother of the Vedas – Rig, Yajur, Saam and Atharva – in light of the fact that it is the very premise of the Vedas. It is the premise, the truth behind the accomplished and the cognized universe. Goddess Gayatri is known to eliminate darkness by imparting light in our minds.
- What are the benefits of chanting the Gayatri Mantra?
- Regular chanting of Gayatri Mantra improves concentration and learning
- It is known for removing toxins from the body
- It improves breathing and functioning of the nervous system
- It keeps your heart healthy and removes the negativity
- Chanting of Gayatri Mantra calms the mind
- It reduces stress and anxiety
- When is the best time to chant Gayatri Mantra?
According to Vedas, time has three qualities: satva, rajas, and tamas. (Purity, passion and inaction)
- 4 am to 8 am and 4 pm to 8 pm have the satvic quality
- 8 am to 4 pm are rajasic
- 8 pm and 4 am are tamasic
Satva is the best time to chant the Gayatri Mantra. Hence, the Gayatri Mantra should be recited between 4 am and 8 am and 4 pm and 8 am.