The knack for writing may be a natural gift for some. However, anybody can learn how to rewrite a badly written article and turn it into something cohesive. It is something you can learn, too, even if you are not a talented writer.
For starters, here are four types of articles that you can choose from:
- Argument: an article which tries to convince someone about something
- Explanation: sorts out facts and tries to tell the reader why and how something happened, usually in a logical and chronological order
- Definition: explains what a concept means
- Description: points out the quality and characteristics of things
Read the article that you need to re-write.
Read it again.
Now choose an article type from the four mentioned above. Selecting from these four options essentially provides you a framework for your re-write. You will have a clearer objective, and it will be easier to create an outline of your article-even if it is a simple framework.
By doing this, your article re-write won't turn out into something that lacks coherence. Once you have decided, you can now proceed into these guidelines:
- Be Specific: You should pinpoint a very specific topic to write about. It must be so specific that long-tail keywords will form part of your article title. This topic should address your purpose. A bad example of a topic or title is All About Eczema. A good topic or title is Five Ways to Treat Eczema from Home.
- Know your target audience: By knowing what group of people your target audience is, it will be easier for you to speak their tone. Every generation has a language. A good article must be able to connect with its target reader and convey the message it wants to relay easily.
- Manage word count: The most common is 500 words. Research suggests that once you get past the 500-word count, the effectiveness of your article diminishes.
- Conduct a research: Regardless of topic expertise, always double check your facts. Many times, article re-writers focus their activity on the poorly written article. Follow your framework and do more research. Add the result of your research to the re-written article.
- Write a rough draft: This is a brief summary of your article so you can see its future construction. Remember to fulfill your promise-the content should justify the topic.
- Edit and wrap it up: Edit your work for grammatical and spelling errors. Make some changes as you deem fit. Delete or rephrase sentences if necessary.
This is a basic guideline on how to re-write an article that is also SEO friendly . Though people have different styles when it comes to creative writing, these tips can get you started, most especially at times when you are at a loss and do not know where to start.